1. I am not able to start the Application, how do I troubleshoot ?
Please note that this application works almost on all platforms, the only dependency is the Java 7. run the following command to make sure that proper version of Java is installed on your system.
shall result in
java version “1.8.X” Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_21-b11) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.21-b01, mixed mode)
If it doesn’t, then something is wrong with the installation. make sure previous versions of Java are un-installed properly.
2. I am facing a problem while downloading a particular barcode, it fails every time I try to download. I am not able to understand the logs, what should I do ?
Whenever a failure occurs, a log file is created in download directory with name
Please send that log file to me at email@example.com
I will analyze the failure cause and get back to you.
3. I have lots of DLI books with me spread over multiple directories, how can i make sure that i am not downloading the same file again, causing duplicates ?
All download directories can be configured in DLI Settings. Open DLI settings and set the following property downloadDirectories to reflect all the DLI download directories separating them with semicolon. For example -
Please note that each DLI pdf should have barcode present in its name. Now DLI downloader will scan all the PDF’s at the startup time and will not allow you to download them again by giving you the warning that PDF for this barcode already exists.
4. I do not want to have PDF metadata Page in my downloaded PDF’s. How can I remove that page ?
This can be configured in DLI Settings.
Set createBarcodePage = false will suppress the creation of first metadata page.
5. I want to Configure Proxy Settings to run this tool under corporate firewall, How can I do that ?
HTTP proxy support is not yet added to this tool, but you can give a try passing this command line arguments and see if it works for you.
java -client -Dhttp.proxyHost=10.0.0.100 -Dhttp.proxyPort=8800 -jar DLIDownloader-4.8-jar-with-dependencies
6.) I have a text file which contains ten’s of barcodes each separated by a line, Can I use that file to download all those barcodes instead entering each of them into tool manually ?
Tool can accept the
7.) Why does DLI Downloader takes some time when I try to shut it down ?
DLI Downloader is a multi-threaded application where multiple files are downloaded in background for a given barcode. When a download is in progress then we try to complete the currently downloading TIFF before exit in order to have a graceful shutdown leaving no intermittent partial download. That’s why it takes some time, and you will see no partially downloaded file onto your disk.